Dinner

I dread dinner time. I hope I am not the only one. I usually have to make it which is why I hate it so much. I used to love to cook. I would come home from a long day at the office, pour myself a large glass of wine, turn up the radio really loud and go to town! I would chop all my own garlic and fresh veggies. I would have planned out what I was going to cook every night. I would marinate steaks and chicken and make sure that I had enough to have leftovers the next day. I made lasagna from scratch and dessert to go with it. It was amazing! Now...not so much.
Now I rush out of work to pick up my kid, because I don't want to be that mom at the daycare thats always five minutes late and has to pay an overage fee. I don't want to be that mom that didn't get to see her kid for a few hours a day either. So I dread dinner time. It just means I am cramped up in the kitchen cooking and not spending a minute with my baby boy.
I would love to try something like Blue Apron or another delivery service but I am not sure it's worth it? Any suggestions?? How can I make this time of the day a better experience for everyone?

No comments: